TAMED

 






"Hey ... How are you?!" He exclaimed  the moment he stepped a foot into the room.


She glared at him for about a minute then coldly replied "Fine."


Ignoring the attitude she gave off, he busied himself on the kitchen counter; breaking eggs into a bowl and chopping carrots. He paused when he heard her hiss in the other room. Shrugging, he resumed the chore of whisking eggs. 


Silently, she slipped into the kitchen "I want eggs too," she spat.


"Such ignominious attitude" He complained with irritation and she jumped in on him.


"Woah, Babe?!" He yelled, pushing her off. Stubbornly, she flinged her weight over him again, screaming. He pulled her off his body with great force and she met the tiled ground with a thud.


Unrelenting, she roughly lunged herself against him but he was quick to run out, shutting and locking the door behind him. She furiously banged the door as hard as she could, howling profane words.


"OPEN IT NOW!!" She angrily hissed.


Fearfully, he dived for his phone. Wooden chips were presently falling off the old door. He dialed the Animal Control Agency, she was becoming something else. Admittance into an Asylum would sort of seem like an act of kindness.


"16 Madeline Henshaw street. Yes ... 12th avenue," he spilled into the receiver.


The door suddenly cracked and broke into parts, "Sheila, Wait!!" She halted, her fists were balled in fuming rage, her slant eyes, casted with pure hate and her shoulders, humped up.


I need to buy time, he silently thought.


"I SAID I WANTED EGGS AND YOU CURSED ME!!!" She angrily spat in an accusatory tone, he dodged it, the saliva landed on a settee and within seconds, the space became charred.


"I-- I'm so sorry, pleeaasse" He begged, faking a tear.


"Please ..."


 Her defense altered a bit "And you'd never complain about my demands??" She softly asked.


"Yes. Yes!" He bowed. Suddenly, the Agents burst in with their nets and hand tools.


Sheila screeched in fear, her eyes pleaded to me for help as three men grabbed her by the head, the other three behind tightly clasped her struggling feet with their strong hands. "SEE-MAWN!!!" She cried, Simone turned his face away.


The men successfully bagged her in the large sack they'd brought along and used a strong rope to seal the opening.


One of the men, the eldest, walked up to Simone "If we receive cases as this from you again, you're going to be sued, I promise you! 


Keeping a Reticulated Python as large as this in your house is damn dangerous, son! Except your special abilities of communicating with Reptiles and Amphibians and other kinds of animals, you're not all that important to the Government" He gruffly warned.


Halfway out of Simone's house, Titus, a sworn rival and colleague tilted his hat. A mock smile played on his lips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY PDF FILES ARE NOT BETTER THAN EPUBs

A TWIST IN TIME SAVES MILLION DOLLARS

I COMPEL NO-ONE