A TWIST IN TIME SAVES MILLION DOLLARS

 






“He didn't leave 'cause he stopped loving me. I don't even care about him enough like he did for me, my man owned half of everything I call mine now . . . Not like I was given directly, I earned it. Though there were strings and the places he had gone to make it possible, I worked my way and accomplished. Boyy, dude was so glad about the achievement we hung out in KFC that evening!”, breaks into shoulder wrenching sobs, “I really don't see myself múrdering someone who provides everything I lacked; love, money and protection. Please believe me!!”


Falling to her knees, she bent forward until the ground came in close contact with her forehead then whispered, “Believe me”.


“THERESA!!”, Gregory beamed, slapping his palms hard against each-other repeatedly, “YOU ARE A FANTASTIC WOMAN. You should consider being an actress someday, y'know! AND THEY BELIEVED?!”, he roared into laughter.


She slowly rose then curtsied, a wide grin spreading through, “I tipped the bank manager a very huge sum”, she said walking towards the stand her face towel was hung, “Everything's done, you just prepare your Visa and we're good as ghosts”.


Moving to her side, he slid both hands to her wide hips, then leant to speak soft into her ears, “And our trail?”


She deeply sighed, “Yes. Our trail's vanished. The police suspected nothing, those men we hired were experts, made everything a cold suicide case”, turning to face him, “We can do anything we want now, love, no-one can hurt us, if you fear that”. Searching his face, she reassured him, “Yees”.


A beat. 


“Mm . . . Okay but–”.


“Hush now, no buts”, she pulled him into a kiss, but he slowly pulled her off his body. Lost in deep thoughts, he murmured, “But what would people say if they eventually find out that–”.


Reaching for his face, she murmured back, “That what? That I killed your brother because I loved and wanted to be with you?”


He stepped back from her, “No, not that. I'm not even bothered about his déath”.


She moaned in frustration, “Then what, Love?! What?! You're driving me nuts by not being clear with these present emotions!”.


“I FEAR THEY'D FIND OUT YOU'RE MY SISTER! THEY'D FIND OUT I'VE BEEN FXCKING MY SISTER AND WANT TO MARRY HER!!”, he thundered, the windows of the empty warehouse rattling in cue. 


Theresa crumpled to the ground in fright, “I– I”, she cried, “I don't care! It's that which we feel for each-other that matters more. Wasn't it the same with Egor? Egor and I were never bothered and you weren't too. You lured me into your bed every night Mom and Dad went to sleep, then in the morning, it's me and Egor”, sobbing, she continued, “Even Mom and Dad were siblings too, why should you feel different and cúrsed?!”


He knelt before her suddenly, “What? You mean . . . You mean Mom and Dad were of the same blood? Like us? Like I, Egor and you?”, the shock in his voice aroused a million things within him but hope and abandon topped the list.


“Overhead them one night. They've always known about us, Gregory”, she hid the smile forming by pressing her face in-between her knees, muffled voice, “They talk about everything they've seen us do”.


Greg bursts into a scary laughter, the abandoned warehouse echoed, Theresa left her position in fear, he lolled his head to the crate behind his back smiling, “Nice, nice. But you know I'm not stupid, mm?”


Theresa took a step back, frill skirts swaying in accord, “I . . . don't understand”, her heart stopped beating when she saw it. She opened her mouth to talk but her voice was gone. Her breathe and voice was gone.


Above the wooden ceilings were ledges attached to its surface, and on these ledges were aluminum compartments . . . He had fixed more than a dozen explosives in-between them all. His gaze remained fixed to the ceiling, grinning, “Saw the gun you had in your bag. Got rid of bullets so don't you think about getting that”.


She slipped and squeezed a hand to her chest while heaving. Collapsing into a wrecked chair, she managed, “Every– everything is signed to–”, deeply exhales, “to– my name. The money and proper–”


Dancing to his feet, he twisted and swirled then moonwalked to the exit, she raced for him and the door but before her hand could pull at them, he slammed it shut and the locks clicked.


She bolted for a single hung window facing the back of a mall, the latch was unlocked, she sighed in relief, squeezing herself through. Halfway out, the heavy sash suddenly slammed on her left foot, she screamed when she saw the condition of the leg. The long handle attached to the metal bar of the window had gone into her ankle, the long and thin glasses broken on the foot had all pierced through from ankle to knee. 


Howling in great suffering, she caught an image of Gregory laughing behind the destroyed single hung window, “GREEEEEEEEEEGG!!!”, she bellowed, but he was gone. Before she would scream some more, the building came apart in tiny bits and pieces, her body dismembering and splattering across the the mall's rooftop and the street below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY PDF FILES ARE NOT BETTER THAN EPUBs

I COMPEL NO-ONE